STS Defence offers Certified Application Specialist (CAS) certification and re-certification IPC training for three of the IPC disciplines at our premises in Gosport, Hampshire or, alternatively, at your own site.
Successful candidates will receive an IPC Application Specialist Certificate valid for two years, after which re-certification is required. Course duration is five days for each of the full courses (all modules included) and one day for a ‘Challenge Test’ based re-certification.
This Application Specialist Course is intended for assembly operators, quality and inspection personnel and others responsible for the quality and reliability of soldered electronic assemblies. In common with our other courses, this course is modular, allowing candidates to complete the mandatory module along with their choice of optional modules.
2. Wires and Terminals
3. Through Hole Technology
4. Surface Mount Technology
The IPC-A-610 Application Specialist Course is designed for maintenance technicians, operators, process engineers, quality managers and anyone responsible for the quality and reliability of electronic assemblies.
1. Introduction/IPC Professional Policies and Procedures
2. Foreword, applicable documents & handling
3. Hardware installation
4. Soldering (including High Voltage)
5. Terminal connections
6. Through Hole Technology
7. Surface Mount Assemblies
8. Component damage, Printed Circuit Boards & Assemblies
9. Solderless Wire Wrap
To obtain certification, some modules must be combined – details on request.
This is an industry consensus standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation, used by both military and commercial contractors and is intended for operators, technicians, engineers, test technicians, QA personnel and others responsible for the quality and reliability of cable and wiring harness assemblies.
1. Policies & Procedures, Foreword, Preparation, Cable Assemblies & Wires, Testing
2. Crimp Terminations, Insulation Displacement Connections
3. Soldered Terminals
4. Connectorisation, Moulding/Potting
6. Marking & Labelling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding, Cable/Wire Harness Protective Coverings
7. Co-Axial & Twin-Axial Cable Assemblies
8. Solderless Wrap